RoPD® - Rosenberger Power Data Connectors with magnetic self-mating mechanism are purpose-designed for Light Electric Vehicles (LEV) including e-bikes, e-scooters and pedelecs as well as for UGVs and drones. Providing fast and reliable magnetic connection, these are particularly suited to data communication and power transmission of voltages up to 60 V and current loads up to 40 A. The magnetic locking and precision self-mating capability prevents any accidental or forced disconnection from damaging the connector or the LEV. Furthermore, the high tolerance pin and socket design permits a large number of mating cycles.
The RoPD® connection system is ideal for many LEV connection applications – including battery changing and charging – where frequent connection and disconnection is required. The four data contacts and two power transmission pins make a hot-plug capability unnecessary as the data contacts activate the power following connection. For added flexibility the data contacts can be used as a BUS system with an additional supply voltage. Versions of the RoPD® system are also available for EnergyBus applications.
Rosenberger has developed a locking system that offers an intelligent alternative to mechanical coupling connections. The magnetic self-mating connectors provide all common functions and are suitable for power and data transmission. Self-mating works as follows: When the plug is approaching the socket, it is attracted by the magnetic force and virtually slides into the socket by itself. This makes it an efficient and comfortable handling and ensures a correct connection.
This is designed to break the connection should the plug or cable be subjected to an acute tensile force (intentional or unintentional). It avoids the risk of injury to the user and damage to the connectors or devices. The deliberate removal of the plug is also fast and simple due to the break-away function.
- Cable assemblies for different currents (10 A, 25 A, 30 A, 40 A) with
- RoPD® charging connector jack (straight or right angle)
- RoPD® battery panel plug (round or square flange)
- RoPD® battery panel jack (square flange, flexibly seated)
- PCB connectors
- Protection caps
- Additional to RoPD® standard products, RoPD®e (EnergyBus) and RoPD®s (special with 2+6 datacontacts) available on request
Printed Circuit Board Connectors
As a design alternative, new in the portfolio, PCB connectors for direct contact on the PCB, e.g. for battery pack, charging socket or for contacting for engine or drive.
- RoPD® PCB panel plug round flange
- RoPD® PCB panel plug square flange
- Interface according Rosenberger RoPD®
- Current capacity (6 mm²) 40 A at 85 °C
- Frequency range (data pins) tbd
- Current (power pins) 10 A, 25 A, 30 A, 40 A
- Working voltage (power pins) 60 V DC
- Voltage (data pins) 12 V
- Waterproof (mated) IP 64/67
- Temperature range -40 °C to +65 °C
- 4 pins for data communication and 2 pins for power transmission
- 100% self-location
- Shallow mounting depth
- Waterproof and robust
- Shock and vibration proof
- Reliable contact pressure
- Zero-force mating
- UV resistant
- Mating cycles > 2,500
- Magnetic self-mating mechanism
- Magnetic self-mating mechanism – fast, reliable, simple
- The system is not hot-plugable – the magnetic self-mating connectors automatically discover connections and prevent them from tearing out
- High mating cycles – ideal for connections that need to be connected and disconnected more frequently
- No risk of canting or similar
- Reliable connections even for hard-to-reach positions
- Forced disconnection causes no damage to connector or vehicle
- The 4 data contacts can be used as a BUS-System with additional supply voltage
- RoPD® Connectors are suitable for data communication and power transmission
- For the Light Electric Vehicle Industry (LEV), e.g.:
- As well as for Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV)
- Various medical, industrial and consumer applications
Private customers can obtain our RoPD products from authorized dealers or distributors.