The Rosenberger NEX10® connector system meets the existing and future infrastructure efficiency demands of small cell applications and 5G mobile networks. For frequencies up to 20 GHz, the new robust and highly compact NEX10® interface standard provides safe, easy and damage-free connection while minimizing interference from PIM (Passive Intermodulation). Screw-type and a push-pull locking mechanism are available.
As a leading global manufacturer of RF products, Rosenberger is an active partner in the NEX10® consortium which is tasked with making the interface a worldwide IEC standard. Designed for upcoming 5G Networks.
Designed for Upcoming 5G Networks
High-speed data transmission in today’s global mobile communication networks demands a highly efficient network infrastructure. Passive Intermodulation (PIM) in a network can cause serious interference, significantly degrade the network quality, and impaction KPI figures. The NEX10® interface has been designed using the many years of experience gained in the field of low PIM connector design to develop a robust, small-size low PIM connector.
NEX10® Cold-Weld Connectors
The NEX10® connectivity solution is also available as a field installable Cold-Weld connector for 1/4" superflexible, 3/8" superflexible, 1/2" superflexible and 1/2" flexible cable types.
- Cable connectors (semi-rigid, semi-flexible, corrugated cables)
- Panel connectors
- Cable assemblies
- Jumper boots
- Tools & accessories
- Multi Coax Quick-Lock
- Impedance 50 Ω
- Interface co-developed by leading RF connector manufacturers
- Frequency range DC to 20 GHz
- Return loss (typical)
- DC ≥ 36 dB @ DC to 6 GHz; ≥ 30 dB @ 6 GHz to 10 GHz; ≥ 20 dB @ 10 GHz to 20 GHz
- PIM ≥ 166 dBc @ 2x43dBm
- Degree of Protection IP 68 (@1 m, 24 hours)
- Mating cycles ≥ 100
- Screw-on and push-pull locking mechanism
NEX10® Multi Coax Quick-Lock
Additionally, with the increasing number of jumper connections per site Rosenberger’s NEX10® Multi Coax Quick-Lock solution allows for up to 4 or 5 NEX10® interfaces within one foolproof connector: on the same form factor as a 7-16 while still delivering the same outstanding electrical performance as single NEX10® interfaces. As well as screw-type, a push-pull coupling version is available for use in especially narrow space-constrained environments.
- Small size: 30 % smaller than 4.3-10 connectors, 12.7 mm flange height
- Optimized for cable sizes of up to ¼" corrugated cable
- Independent of torque
- Separation of electrical contact from the mechanical reference, which yields a low PIM and high RL performance regardless of the coupling mechanism or applied torque
- Robust design prevents any damage in the event of cable movement or vibration
- Safe and damage-free connecting
- Contact areas protected against damage during handling
- Elimination of installation errors
- Excellent RL performance up to 20 GHz and high screening efficiency, offering reliable electrical performance
- Two possible mechanical connections – screw type and push-pull – are providing flexibility during installation
- Interface-specific weather protection boot providing an uniform and tested solution as a standard product
- Designed to meet the demands of upcoming 5G networks
- Small cell applications
- Low-power base stations
- In multi-operator/multiband DAS
- Blind mate for panel as well as test & measurement
Rosenberger Series Code 89