Complementing its standard HV connector portfolio, Rosenberger develops and manufactures customer-specific high-voltage components for electric and hybrid vehicles. These enable the lowest possible transition resistances, ensuring long-term low-loss performance and reliability in critical electrical systems such as those for battery charging, cell management, heating, and air conditioning.
From concept to final delivery, Rosenberger high voltage custom components are the perfect fit every time. Using its component toolkit, including various Busbars/Cell Module Connectors, PDUs, Y-splitters and Busbars. Rosenberger can develop and manufacture a wide array of tailor-made solutions. These are designed and configured precisely to the relevant vehicle architecture, allowing ideal combinations of the various fuses, relays and other passive and active components required.
Features: Insulation, EMI shielded, LV and HV interfaces, AC and DC currents
- Busbars / cell module connectors
- Power distribution units
- Y-splitters (aluminum housing)
- Contact systems
- Insulation material
- Busbars / Cell Module Connectors
The Rosenberger HV portfolio also includes busbars or cell module connectors. These connectors are required to link battery modules within a battery pack. For typical battery applications, multiple custom-designed battery connection points are required.
Based on the robust pressure contact system, Rosenberger offers cell module connectors without flexing parts in the contact area. Systems from 100 to 350 A are available.
Different assembly directions, coding variants as well as cross sections can be implemented according to customer-specific requirements.
- Current capacity (95 mm²) 270 A at 85 °C
- Working voltage 1000 V DC
- Air and creepage 12.5 mm
- Cross sections 70 - 95 mm²
- Engine vibration 2 acc. to LV 215(GS95031), M-04 profile D acc. to LV124 (GS95024)
- IPXXB protected center screw
- For unshielded copper cables (round, flat)
- High-flex cables (round)
- Robust pressure contact system
- Ensures proper electrical connectivity
- Lower size and weight
- Rigid as well flexible
- Safe and quick replacement
- Reduces electrical loss at connection points
- Different assembly directions, coding variants as well as cross sections
- Customized designs
Y-splitters are used to distribute the power from one cable harness to two or more units, e.g., between a DC/DC converter and an electric air-conditioning unit. Rosenberger can design Y-splitters for applications with and without shielding for cable cross sections from 4 mm² to 95 mm² in collaboration with the customer.
- Power Distribution Units (PDU)
Power distribution units (PDU) for vehicles have multiple power input and outputs and use all kinds of connectors, fuses, and relays. In these cases, the PDU generally forms the central link between the vehicle power electronics and batteries, electric motors, and other ancillary units.
- Electrical heater
- Electrical air condition
- Battery charger
- DC/DC converters