Rosenberger HFM® is the best performing system of coaxial “Mini-Coax” connectors for the automotive industry. For frequencies up to 20 GHz, the intelligent modular system ensures fast transmission of high data rates up to 28 Gbps. Its innovative design addresses the growing requirement for cost savings as well as reduced weight and size.
Delivering space savings of up to 80 % compared to conventional FAKRA connectors, the Rosenberger HFM® connector system allows various modules to be accommodated in the smallest possible footprint. Best cost is based on fully stamped and formed manufacturing processes and automated connector mounting and cable assembly. With HFM® the customer can count on an interface that accommodates future vehicle networks, applications and protocols.
The priority of autonomous driving and driver assistance systems is to ensure safety. It is required to determine exact positions, to continuously calculate routes and to detect and classify objects. High data volumes from
several cameras, diverse sensors and navigation sources must be combined and transported for this purpose – in real time.
Rosenberger HFM® is compliant to all common automotive standards.
Reduced weight and size – space savings of up to 80 % compared to conventional FAKRA connectors
- Cable connectors (straight, right angle)
- PCB connectors (straight, right angle)
- Additional power pins +2
- Modular housings (single, double, quad)
- Cable assemblies
- Calibration kits, Test-PCB boards and test accessories
- Waterproof versions
- CPA versions (Connector Position Assurance)
Connector Position Assurance - CPA prevents accidental disconnection of mated connectors
High-speed data connectors are being used more and more in driver assistance and autonomous driving systems.
As a result, the mating process must be more reliable and avoid accidental or uncontrolled disconnection of connectors. An improvement is the new additional CPA - Connector Position Assurance.
The CPA on the coupler side can be locked only, when the connector pair is fully mated. Accidental unlocking and disconnection is therefore impossible.
- The additional CPA enables reliable connection to be verified during the mating process
- The closed CPA prevents uncontrolled disconnection of the mated connector pair
- The new CPA is available as an option
- Impedance 50 Ω
- Frequency range DC up to 20 GHz
- High data rates up to 28 Gbps
- Return loss:
- ≥ 25 dB, DC to ≤ 3 GHz
- ≥ 20 dB, > 3 GHz to ≤ 6 GHz
- ≥ 15 dB, > 6 GHz to ≤ 12 GHz
- ≥ 12 dB, > 12 GHz to ≤ 15 GHz
- ≥ 10 dB, > 15 GHz to ≤ 20 GHz
- Mating cycles ≥ 25
- Compliant to all common automotive standards
- Small dimensions – optimized used of space
- Highest mechanical robustness
- Modular system – saving installation space by as much as 80 %
- Cost optimized
- Real-time data transmission
- CPA – optional Connector Position Assurance
- Waterproof variants
- MIPI® A-PHY℠
- ASA Motion Link
*further protocols on request
- Autonomous Driving
- Driver Assistance Systems
- Rear Seat Entertainment
- WiGig (Wireless Gigabit)